What’s it like to shoot with FLF in a remote location? Take a look behind the scenes of FLF Films’ Nikon D500 TV commercial! This Behind the Scenes video was filmed alongside our production in the Himalayas. It features Director Jerry Dugan, Still Photographer Jeff Curtes, and Pro Mountain Biker Ray Syron. Enjoy!
StandardMay 23, 2016 by FLF Films
To all of our Fall Line Films fans
Let’s throwback for a minute. Back to a time before Go Pros and Phantoms and MOVIs and REDs. Back to the original roots of FLF Films and the first modern-day snowboard film, On the Western Front by Director Jerry Dugan.
Today, FLF Films is known for TV commercial and branded content production, but in the action sports world, we’re known for some ground-breaking, early snowboard and wakeboard films: films that helped shape and define these sports.
Every year, we still get emails from fans of our films. We love you guys. You tell us you’ve watched our films so many times, you’ve worn out your VHS tapes. That stokes us out. You ask us where you can buy the DVDs. Well, we’ve got a present for you: we’re digitizing and uploading our old films. We’re offering them for free, for you, with thanks and nugs for your support through all these years.
The Western Front (1989)
Snowboarders in Exile (1990)
Critical Condition (1991)
These are a few of your favorites. More are on the way, so check back and we’ll post as they’re available! And while you’re at it, like our Facebook page because we’ll post updates there, too.
ImageJanuary 15, 2016 by FLF Films
A recap of our year. Thanks, 2015!
2015 was an amazing year, and we’re so grateful to the agencies and clients who chose FLF as their production company or Jerry as their director! Here are the quick highlights:
- We filmed commercials and web content with celebrities including Shaquille O’Neal and Shaun White.
- Shot our first feature film, Shark Lake starring Dolph Lundgren, and released it in 10 US theaters!
- Served as the Nevada production service for Gold, a feature film starring Matthew McConaughey, directed by Academy Award-winner Stephen Gaghan.
- Shot in foreign countries including South Africa, Chile and Costa Rica.
- Worked with new agencies and clients including MercantCantos, Playstudios, Lowe & Partners, USA Basketball, Wexley School for Girls, Economic Development Authority of Western Nevada, Reno-Tahoe International Airport and more.
- Jerry became Aerial Director of Photography for Copter Kids, one of the world’s top unmanned aerial imaging companies.
Thank you so much to our talented creatives, killer clients, and dedicated crew! Check out our 2015 in photos below, and here’s to an exciting 2016!
StandardDecember 10, 2013 by FLF Films
Are you an aspiring actor in Nevada?
Please join us this Thursday, 4:30 pm, at Reno Tahoe Studios for a free informational panel about acting opportunities in Northern Nevada. Panelists, including FLF Films director Jerry Dugan ,will share tips on how to access the industry, book jobs, and avoid scams.
This panel will be hosted by Film Reno Tahoe. More information and specifics are available in this article. We hope to see you there, and be sure to say hi to Jerry!
StandardDecember 3, 2013 by FLF Films
Nevada Film Incentive: Who Qualifies?
As a production company and production service in Northern Nevada, we’ve been getting lots of questions about the Nevada Film Incentive. Since it takes effect on January 1st, we thought we’d dedicate some December blog posts to the most frequent questions we’ve received. Today’s topic: Who Qualifies?
So here goes, some straight-forward answers to your frequent questions:
Does my short film, television pilot, or music video qualify for the film incentive?
Yes, short films, TV pilots, and music videos qualify… But they must have a minimum budget of $500,000, and must spend 60% of their total production costs in the State of Nevada.
Does my commercial production qualify?
Same basics apply. You must meet the minimum production budget of $500,000 and must spend 60% of it in Nevada. Here’s the good news: a “series” of commercials can qualify. So if you’re filming five commercials as part of the same production, and the combined budget is over $500,000, you qualify!
So, as long as you meet the $500,000 minimum budget and spend at least 60% in Nevada, does anything go?
Not exactly. There are several types of content that are specifically excluded:
- News, weather and TV programs.
- Industrial/ corporate videos.
- Political ads.
- Sporting events.
- Gala or awards shows.
My project doesn’t require production. It’s all animated. Do I qualify?
Yes, postproduction matters just as much as production for the Nevada Film Incentive. As long as you meet the minimum budget and the minimum percentage spent in Nevada, an animated film or show does qualify.
Stay tuned for more frequently asked questions and straight forward answers about the Nevada Film Incentive! To submit your questions, or talk to us about production in Nevada, email us at email@example.com.
StandardNovember 19, 2013 by FLF Films
Nevada Film Incentive
If you haven’t heard, Nevada’s film incentive takes effect January 1, 2014. Finally!
As a Reno-based production company and production service, FLF Films has been waiting for this for a long time. And we’ve been wondering why the previous campaigns for Nevada film incentives haven’t worked. After all, here in Northern Nevada, we have:
- Incredibly stable weather. Over 300 days of sunshine per year!
- Ample and incredibly affordable lodging… Tons of casinos that offer great promotions all the time.
- A wide variety of looks, from the forests of Tahoe, to the tree-lined suburbs of Old Southwest Reno, the newer suburbs of Arrow Creek and Somersett, the seedy urban look of some downtown blocks, the period looks of older casinos and motels, the wide open desert and big skies that surround Reno, the rural ranches… We literally have almost any film location right at our finger tips!
- Almost no traffic.
- A super easy and accessible airport with frequent daily direct connections to Los Angeles.
Thanks to a couple very smart people at the RSCVA and Nevada Film Commission, we now also have a world class sound stage, Reno Tahoe Studios. 180,000 square feet of stages centrally located on South Virginia Street (in the Reno Sparks Convention Center), with almost unlimited parking, production office space adjacent to/ overlooking stages, plenty of power, and 34′ ceiling height with a heavy-duty lighting grid.
Here at FLF, we’re stoked to assist productions coming to Nevada. We have over 20 years of experience working with budgets high and low, and we’ve worked on hundreds of projects: national commercials, TV shows, movies, docs, music videos, web videos, and branded entertainment.
We have great assets to share, all right here in Reno:
- Camera rentals (complete RED Epic packages and Canon packages)
- Edit suite fully outfitted with Adobe Creative Suite and Davinci Resolve for color correction
- Production services for foreign and domestic productions interested in shooting in Nevada
- Experienced director of photography
- Experienced line producer
- Kick ass editors and animators
- Crew that rocks. Our guys and girls bring their A-game to every set, have great attitudes, and are extremely hard workers.
If you’ve got a project coming to Nevada, make us your first call!
StandardOctober 18, 2013 by FLF Films
3, 2, 1… And LAUNCH!
Thanks so much for visiting our new website, and specifically our new BLOG! This will be our headquarters for all things FLF: updates on our commercial production in the Reno/ Lake Tahoe area and beyond, corporate videos, long form projects (like our documentary currently in the works), etc. We look forward to sharing!